Musics I done

Monday, January 09, 2006

the virgin (predictabily) suicides - capitalism gone mad

again:

It intends to launch its first titles in mid-2006 and will simultaneously be exploring partnerships for animation development. Mr Branson said Virgin Comics would "help to launch the Indian comic market and spin it into the west".

so the idea, if i read this rightly, is for virgin to create a market in a foreign country, and then sell it back to the west as something foreign? is it just me that thinks that that is clinically, cyclically, cynical?

oh yeah, and lots of other bad shit happened in the world. 'pachalafaka'... they whisper it all over turkey. either that or they're choking to death with aivian flu!! (NOTE: THIS JOKE IS A BIT OBSCURE AND I ONLY MADE IT UP FOR MY MUM TODAY. PACHALAFAKA WAS A SONG ON THE MUPPET SHOW BOXED SET THAT I GOT FOR XMAS AND FURTHER INVESTIGATION REVEALS IT WAS RECORDED BY SOUPY SMALLS IN THE 60S AS THE B-SIDE TO HIS 'SMALL HIT' THE MOUSE. I JUST DELETED THIS ENTIRE PARAGRAPH BUT I THOUGHT I'D LEAVE IT UP AS A MONUMENT TO WASTED TIME)

i was listening to my compilation 'the hanging tree' last night. i still like it, though it could be shorter. dig it out and give it a listen, and i'll do the same for yours.

anyway, i've printed off the street fighter II' soundtrack and it's awesome, even despite the cheesiness of the end-sequence tunes. the sound effects library at the end didn't quite work because the tracks were too short, but that's easily remedied. so who wants a copy? this is a real offer, and it's a great cd that you will love and cherish and put on at parties when you're trying to be elitest (as in 'most elite'). i might put a page up for it. the internet needs it back.

2 comments:

unimbued said...

As my email suggests, you'll have a reply to The Hanging Tree by the end of Feb, such is my paralysis.

I've listened to it once, on Christmas Day and it was great. So I'll dig it out.

I listened to Vancouver Vancouver This Is It today and reckoned it was quite good as well... I'll show
you mine if you er, play me yours.

And please send me that SF:II CD... Because it just means so much to me. That bastard Ross Hickey: he had it months before anyone else in my class because he got it on import and had an SCART/PAL adapter... but didn't tell anyone at school until he had got his Dragon Punch down pat. Then he'd delight in destroying the competition that queued up at his suburban door.

Other things about Ross included:

1. his impressive collection of Starcom.

2. his Batman tape cassette game for the Amstrad.

3. the Coca-Cola mirror in his kitchen.

4. the presence of a Soda Stream machine with the proper bottles and everything.

5. his brother's huge drum kit.

6. those sponge-foam missiles you shoot from a gas gun, well... he had one of those as well.

7. his copy of X-Men for the SNES - though he wouldn't listen when I told him it was rubbish.

(Graphics 8/10, Sound 6/10, gameplay 2/10, though Dr. Octopus looked quite cool).

8. He had false front teeth because his baby teeth never fell out (and were instead worn down to a messy, nerve jangling pulp by all that Soda Stream. Man, you should've seen him try to bite into an apple. It was like watching grandma chew her tobacco.)

9. He became a born again Christian...

10. ...and married at the age of 21.

So the moral of the story is: share your Streetfighter, or else the guilt will catch up with you sooner or later and you'll have to join a cult, like Ballywillan Presbyterian (the EARLY service).

oh, and almost forgot...

11. he had Han Solo (blaster lost in the sand pit - oh the grief).

Ed said...

SF2 CD PLZ

Next time I'm at home I'll see if I can dig out my copy of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo for the PC, which had- and get this- full band remixes of all the tunes. It's incredible. The only problem is that in these pre-mp3 days they had to put each tune on the CD as a seperate track- including the speeded up remixes for when someone was about to lose or the time was about to run out.

This meant some very jarring skipping. Still- good for comparison's sake.