Musics I done

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

worst 428 quid i ever spent

if you know me, you know i'm terribly regretful. there's not much about my life, even the good bits, that i don't regret in some way (sorry about the double negative here. it just flows better).

possibly one of my biggest regrets i can think of right now is the last month. see, things that you can regret you can usually learn from. what can i learn from the last month - a month where i have been so unproductive as to achieve virtually nothing worthwhile, a month that has cost me 428 pounds in rent and got me absolutely nowhere? what can i learn; 'don't do it again'? the problem with trying to do something like look for work, and failing, is that with hindsight you could have spent the time so much more productively. which is why agencies usually come in handy, but reed have really let me down over the last couple of weeks.

i'm not giving up, like i did yesterday, but i have had some kind of epiphany today and i'm just going to enjoy these last few days before i go away, keep applying, nay, redouble my efforts, and trash out some covers and remixes because i just haven't done enough of that stuff recently.

otherwise...

completely out of the blue, there's a new irrk records compilation:
(IRRKSOME 6) POINTS.//.LINES-10.. with BOXED IN, BLUE MINKIES, SLEEPING STATES, BARE KNEES, VOETSEK, KORT PROSESS, DUMPSTER DEMPMASTER, CLAQUE, THE PACT, LIANNE HALL, DRUNK GRANNY, WET DOG, ROBOTNICKA, CRUNCH PUSH UPS, I KNOW I HAVE NO COLLAR.

which will no doubt be great. wierd surprise isclaque being on there; my good buddy ewa gave me a cd of theirs, what with her mate being in the band, and it's great. and robotnicka, who jess bought me an (split) album by, not knowing the irrk connection. it'll be good, and i'll get my copy when i have a job, and a turntable.

No comments: